January 15, 2010 4:12:35 PM CET
Some people here are trying their very best to help you see the light.
Oh please grow up Lissa.
You people are denying reality because reality does not fit your political dogma. If that's really what you consider 'the light' then the human race is doomed.
That 'professionals' are first and foremost, humans. People can be bought. Self-interests (remember Government 101?).
No sh!t, Sherlock.
One person can be brought. But 99% of the world's climatologists????
That's insane, and you know it.
But just for a moment, let me join you in cloud-cuckoo land.
Supposing hypothetically that you are right.
99% of the world's climatologists have agreed to lie for money.
How would that actually work in the real world? What are the practical implications of this theory of yours.
1. How were they recruited?
2. How could the recruiters be sure that nobody would blow the whistle on them?
3. How are they paid for lying? Does the government pay them 1% of all the carbon taxes they raise? Do Goldman Sachs give them a kickback for every carbon deal it does?
4. Presumably this will make the world's climatologists very wealthy. How are they ALL going to manage to hide their new found wealth from whistle-blowers and concerned citizens?
5. How will this money be distributed? Do they pay all the money into a slush-fund?
6. How will the scientists qualify for this money? Will they be paid a sliding scale of payments for every paper published, speech given and Email sent?
7. Who will keep the records of who owes what to who?
8. Who will settle disputes between scientists. Supposing a guy in Pittsburgh publishes a paper with a guy in Paris. The guy in Paris says he did 75% of the work, so he should get 75% of the kickback, Pittsburgh guy says "No way". What then?
9. Some guy in Novasibirsk gives a GW speech to an obscure college nobody has ever heard of, in a Siberian dialect of Russian. He says it's brilliant , others perhaps more familiar with Siberian dialects say "No it isn't". What do you do then?
10. With the world's climatologists so busy with the scam how are they going to find the time to publish more research?
These are the real world practicalities of your theory, so you have to answer these ten questions in full if your theory isn't to implode.
(Remember Logic 101?)
I'm waiting. I am a patient man.
Power. Money. Greed. All the things you say you absolutely loathe.
All the things you clearly love. That's why you are a right-winger.
Yet, you want to cozy up to dictators.
To the best of my knowledge I've never met a dictator, let alone cosy up to one.
Though I did date Charles Taylor's sister for a few months back in my single days. Does cozying up to a dictator's sister count? Cuz I did a serious amount of that for a while back then.
You believe that scientists would never change data now and again because they are above the rest?
I've said no such thing. scientists do sometimes alter data. So if we were talking about a climatologist, or a small cabal you might have a point.
But 99% of all of them?? That's completely and utterly insane.
Maybe you should ask your 10-yr-old a little about human nature.
My ten year olds know more about humanity than you ever will. That's because your politics exclude you from humanity.
Your philosophy is anti-human. You favor profit over human decency, exploitation over human welfare, greed over love.