I have been offered an employment with a company in Ede Netherlands. This is what is the offer
1. 43000 Euro's Gross or Before tax
2. Health Cover (Only for me)
3. Official mobile connection
4. Reimbursement of travel cost to india once in a year for my family
5. Reimbursement for furntitures/appliances not exceeding 1200 Eur
Is this a good offer ? Will we be able to save anything out of this salary assuming the 30% rule is applied ?
My BG: 6+ years IT Experiance in ERP consulting and product development. I would move along with my wife and Kid (2+)
Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately salaries are not very high in The Netherlands and it is a relatively expensive country to live in. You do not say where you are coming from ? What is your present situation etc. I cannot comment on your present life style and the changes you can expect. You will manage survive with that kind of salary with or without 30% ruling. Keep in mind either way you are up for a tiny flat, tiny car (if lucky), and high taxes on everything in general. If you are based elsewhere and have a nice standard of living - it might not be worth the move.
50K + Health insurance + once a year flight ticket is a good salary in my opinion. Most of the Indian companies pay less than this for its employees here on long term projects.
However everything is subjective and depends on individual circumstances and preferances.
You will be eligible for 30% ruling with 50K because you are 28. For below 30 years the gross must be more than 38K to be eligible for the ruling.
Your Net per month will be 3400. You should save around 1000-1200 depending on your spending nature. This is excluding childs education if you want to send him/her to a international school. Pulic dutch schools are completly free while international school will cost you around 5K -20K depending on the school you choose.
Should you move here? You should decide this... From your post I think you are wondering if you could save as much as you could in India... It depends if your wife works or not in India... Finding work here is very difficult here nowdays.... If she works in India and earns good may be its is not interesting in the long run in money terms as here you will be the only one working atleast until your wife finds a job. If your wife doesnt work in India just move here.
Hope this helps.
HI to everyone,
I have experience in Oil & gas design, have exp of 9 years as Process Engineer. My age is 30 years.
I have been offered 4500 Euros after tax salary by a consultant "Progressviege". They have said that I need to pay approximately 1000- 1200 euros for myself and same additional cost for my wife to apply for work permit. I need to pay approximately 750 each upfront but the rest payment will be deducted from salary when I start to work. Is it normal in Netherlands or they are trying to cheat.
I understand that 4500 Euros is paid after the end of 4 weeks. So per month its around 4800 Euros. The placement is in Jacobs Engineering which is one of the best in the world in Oil & gas design. I am confused loooking at different sites, therefore need feedback for the following queries:
1. Jacobs is located in Hoogvliet, Leiden and Meerseen as well, Can you provide rent for good single bedroom flat and two bedroom flat .I guess two bedroom is around 900- 1250 Euros excluiding utility bills.Please confirm my understanding.
2. Whether 450 Euros is enough for insurace for a family of 2 Adults and two kids (One kid is about 3 years and other is 10 months age)?
3. Query is regarding schooling . My elder kid requires to be sent to English school. How much expenses I need to consider for his schooling fees? American International school is very expensive charging more than 1000 Euros per month.Whether there are reasonable English schools in Hoogvliet, Leiden and Meerseen towns/ areas?
4. How much could be the utility bills (for gas, electricity, water, internet, TV for indian channels, other taxes etc)?
5. Can I consider 1000 Euros per month for daily expenditure for a family of four (myself, wife, Son & daughter). How much could I save with salary of 4500 Euros.
6. Whether my wife can get job there? Please note that she never had good work experience but she has done MBS in HR & Marketing.
I will decide to take up the opportunity based on responses from the forum. Waiting for responses from all the members in this forum.
Thanks and Regards,