January 21, 2012 10:53:59 AM CET
I'm a non EU citizen. I live and work in Netherlands since the last 4 years. I am in the final rounds of interview with a Belgian company.
What I would like to know,
1. about salary negotiation: how do Dutch and Belgian salaries compare? I understand the tax rates are different in NL and BE. Does any one know of a website where I can get a rought idea / compare the dutch + belgian salaries based on ones work exp.? how do I negotiate the best salary?
I just want to be sure, that I end up getting a right package and dont end up being underpaid.
2. NL has an special visa for expats called 'kennismigrant' (knowledge migrant) and based on you work experience on can apply for a spacial tax exemption called '30% ruling' [there are certain qualifying criteria for the same]
So, I wondering if BE has something similar?
- What are the pros and cons of the same?
- What are requirement for eligibility?
3. What other things should I keep in mind?
any reply is highly appreciated..